9 Feb 2022
Catch Co: Associate Buyer – Apparel, Accessories, and Outdoor Living
Catch Co. is looking for an Associate Buyer of Apparel, Accessories and Outdoor Living to join our Karl’s Bait and Tackle team. The person in this role will work closely with the Buyer of Apparel, Accessories, and Outdoor Living to manage and grow these emerging categories. They will be responsible for working with our vendor partners to select assortment, identifying and onboarding new vendors, and maintaining the health of our current assortment to drive sales growth and profitability.
What you will do:
- Grow our already accelerating Accessories and Outdoor Living business by expanding current vendor partnerships and identifying new opportunities to grow our business
- Maintain relationships, assist in negotiations, and communicate needs with suppliers, including placing Purchase Orders and ensuring timely delivery
- Drive weekly reorder process and propose styles to sell down on or discontinue
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure proper and captivating product placement and promotions (including Photography, Marketing, Social Content, Warehouse Operations, and Customer Service)
- Assist the Buyer with any efforts related to growing the business, including preparing and analyzing reports
What experience you need:
- 2+ years of buying experience
- Experience buying for both retail and ecommerce is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field strongly preferred
- Excellent and professional communication skills
- Bonus points if you possess a passion for the fishing and outdoors industry
What will make you successful:
- Quick learning style and adaptability
- Confidence building relationships with both internal and external collaborators
- Willingness to step up and handle more responsibilities as the team’s needs evolve
- Multitasking skills and comfort managing competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to find answers through data
We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume review
- Brief assessment via Criteria Corp platform
- Phone interview
- Take home exercise
- Interview with Hiring Manager via Google Meet
- Interviews with team members via Google Meet
- Reference checks
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance – we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/catch-co-associate-buyer-apparel-accessories-and-outdoor-living
8 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply