18 Aug 2021
Hometime: Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer (APAC Candidates)
Headquarters: Sydney, Australia
Hometime is the largest and fastest growing platform and brand for flexible rental providers in the APAC region.
We partner with and empower local businesses to provide five star local services with the technology, services and economics that only large operators can access. Our unique business model means that our local partner success is our success, which we strive for across all teams on a daily basis.
We currently operate throughout Australia and New Zealand, and our team is growing fast as we consistently add new markets.
What it’s like to work at Hometime:
- We empower people to do their best work
- We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organisation to drive our strategy, solve complex challenges and adapt to the market
- We really do have a fantastic team who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a high growth technology business
- Our success depends on your success
Responsibilities you’ll have from day one:
- Design and develop technical solutions to support Hometime’s business operations.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders throughout the entire organization in gathering requirements, specifications, and use cases for designated projects.
- Lead projects and initiatives with different and competing timelines and requirements.
- Work with limited direction in a fluid environment while exceeding delivery expectations and service level.
- Ongoing maintenance of the existing and future platform.
- Perform peer code review, and contribute in constantly improving the development process.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative environment within the development team and throughout the entire organization.
The experiences and expertise we’re looking for:
- 4+ years with Ruby on Rails building enterprise applications.
- Experience with using React with Rails.
- Node experience is a plus.
- Remote work experience is a plus.
- Based in the APAC region.
It’s a bonus if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Airbnb whether it be as a host, guest, or general industry knowledge.
- Previous experience developing for the real estate industry.
How we work:
We’re based in Sydney with teams throughout Australia supporting our different markets. We also have great teammates located across the globe working remotely. We practice transparency and collaboration in our daily work with our co-founders leading the charge. We strive to build a culture that fully empowers our people to do their best work.
38 total views, 1 today