1 Mar 2022
Freelance Matthew Hussey: Rockstar Lead Web Designer Wanted!
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking to be a web designer that is both an individual contributor, and can also lead, manage a team, and bring CRO and best-practice knowledge to the table? We are looking for a lead web & graphic designer whose job will be to:
- Create, enhance, and optimize all company websites, landing pages, social media platforms, booklets, guides, marketing initiatives, etc. Help build a brand that looks as beautiful as the work we do for our audiences’ lives!
The Web designer’s goal is to work as a creative strategist for our business and design creative that embodies the company’s characteristics, voice, style, and vision.
If that sounds like something you are interested in then keep reading . . .
The qualities we’re seeking include:
- 5-10 years experience in design
- Proficient in drag-and-drop website builders such as Elementor, X Theme, Divi, etc. You need to be able to both design the layout (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and build the page within the Elementor platform.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, with a strong understanding of Photoshop – must produce clean files built with layers.
- Proficient in web design, doing front-end mockups in Photoshop that external developers could then use to build the pages within Elementor or as a static HTML page.
- Basic knowledge in Direct-Response Digital Marketing design principles (Landing Pages, Sales Pages, etc)
- Basic knowledge in CRO (Optimizing pages for taking action, CTAs above the fold, Responsive and functional design on all devices, etc)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, HTML, etc
- Top-notch communication skills, including writing (as a remote team, we do a lot of our communicating in writing, so we value this highly!)
- Deadline-meeting superstar
- A lot of flexibility and a cool head under pressure
- Time-efficient, ability to follow brand guides and templates
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and great energy
- Experience working freelance and/or remotely
- PLUS – Experience managing a team
- PLUS – Advanced/Expert Front-end Web development skills
- PLUS – Experience working in Digital Marketing or InfoProduct digital companies.
- A wide variety of design projects including marketing web and landing pages, website pages, backend pages for our member’s area, webinar cheatsheet guides, free PDF guide covers, program icons, marketing materials, social media posts, branding work, and more – You will not be bored!
- Consistent and reliable communication with our team departments and project managers.
- Flexibility with your availability.
- Consistent and timely results.
- Managing external design resources or Jr designers when needed.
Why Join Us?
You’ll work remotely with a good amount of flexibility. We are 100% remote, with team members based in LA, NY, the UK, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
Make an impact – help our customers and audience level up in their relationships, self-esteem, and happiness.
Be part of a positive, upbeat team that deals with each other with respect and gratitude.
This role is starting as Part-Time 20-30 hrs per week for a given trial period, with an easy ability to transition into full-time for the right fit.
Given that most of our customers are in the U.S., we generally work U.S. business hours, so you should have consistent availability within 9 am – 6 pm Eastern Time hours (if you’re an early bird and want to work from Pacific time or a night owl who wants to work from European hours, we don’t care, as long as we can reliably reach you during these hours).
You’ll specifically need consistent availability between the hours of 10 AM – 3 PM Eastern (for team video calls via Zoom).
To be considered, please write a cover letter as to why you’d be a good fit to email@example.com.
Include a link to your digital portfolio. We will especially be looking to see your work as it relates to web design. We don’t care that much about your resume or CV and prioritize a cultural fit – So tell us why you’d be an amazing fit for this job and why you’d love to work with us!
If selected for an interview, you’ll be speaking to our Director of Marketing, Chet. His favorite color is purple, and he’d love if you can work that into your cover letter to make sure you read this far down 😉
Matthew Hussey / Get the Guy is a successful online dating and relationship advice company that helps people get the results they want in their love lives – but we don’t stop there. Nothing stays at the surface with us; we go deep and show our customers how to transform their confidence and self-esteem to live happier, more fulfilling lives overall.
Looking forward to meeting you!
19 total views, 1 today