25 Jan 2022
Full-Time MindsDB: Applied ML Engineer
Headquarters: Berkeley, California, USA
WHO WE ARE
MindsDB enables you to make predictions from tables inside your database, then visualize them in your Analytics Platform, all using standard SQL. MindsDB was founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO) and is backed with over $7.6M in seed funding from YCombinator, OpenOcean, the venture fund launched by the creators of MySQL and MariaDB, and the University of California Berkeley SkyDeck fund. MindsDB is also a graduate of YCombinator’s recent Winter 2020 batch and was recently recognized as one of America’s most promising AI companies by Forbes.
We are looking for an Engineer with Machine Learning experience to partner with our Business Development team and focus on Customer and Partner success. You will be the technical point of contact in our most important relationships, focusing on integration, training, and customization.
This is a hands-on opportunity with real data requiring real solutions. You will be working within the open source codebases of our MindsDB platform and Lightwood AutoML library to meet customer requirements and deliver successful outcomes. You will be working with our partners such as Snowflake and SingleStore to ensure top-notch experiences to our joint customers.
- Partner with the Business Development team for initial discovery calls and customer on-boarding.
- Collaborate with customers and internal teams to design and execute project plans.
- Contribute reliable, reusable code to MindsDB and Lightwood.
- Become an expert in the MindsDB product and technology stack.
- Support your teammates across the company.
- Significant experience using Python to solve Machine Learning problems.
- Strong communications and customer-interfacing skills.
- An organized and detail-oriented approach to project execution.
- You may be assigned other duties as needed. This is a full-time position.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO & Public Holidays
- New Hire Stipend (Remote Workstation)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (US)
- Learning & Development budget
- Monthly (virtual) team events
- International in-person company retreats
- Wellbeing/mental health leave
DIVERSITY, EQUALITY & INCLUSION
We understand that there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for someone passionate, proactive and ambitious, who is excited to face the challenges of a rapidly growing startup. MindsDB is the type of company where you can grow exponentially, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the candidate description.
MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. MindsDB will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
39 total views, 1 today