15 Feb 2022
Oddball: Deputy Engineering Lead
Headquarters: Washington D.C.
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Engineering Lead to help build, improve and build out backend and frontend code that interfaces with external systems.
What you’ll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and running a high traffic application working with React, AWS, Goang and a variety of databases. Day to day work will involve writing code, mentoring others, architecting system design, and developing tests.
As an engineer, you will be expected to give input on high-level architecture decisions and communicate those decisions to other developers on the team.
- 10 years related experience in programming, architecture, systems analysis and project management
- 5+ years experience in leadership roles is desirable.
- 4+ years extensive experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS preferred), Kubernetes knowledge a plus
- 3+ years of experience with React.
- Working knowledge of industry and government security principles and policies
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction, as well as, advocate for multiple full stack teams
- Comfortable with participating in leadership meetings with internal team and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly. Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, and adaptable to changing priorities.
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the United States.
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all Oddball employees will need to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/oddball-deputy-engineering-lead
18 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply