3 Mar 2022
Internship Phaidra: Brand Designer
This job is 100% remote – work from anywhere in the world.
Who We Are
Phaidra is implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI) into the industrial sector— a space that has been under-designed since the 1950’s. Our powerful, no-code, self-service suite enables customers to optimize their control systems in real time for things like reducing climate impact and improving the use of materials. We are passionate about sustainability and by focusing on the industrial space, we aim to reshape the backbone of the global economy and make it more energy and resource efficient.
About The Job
As the founding Brand Designer, you’ll have an outsized impact on how we approach and scale the team at Phaidra. You’ll join a group of multi-disciplinary cross-functional team members who care deeply about democratizing AI and making data useful and easy to understand for everyone.
You will work closely with Product Design and Marketing to grow the Phaidra brand, evolve the brand identity across multiple platforms, create assets for internal products and site, scale the brand and visual design system, design marketing campaigns, build out everything from presentation deck templates, conference giveaways, to company swag, to product reports, and more…
What does success look like for this role?
- 30 days in you should: familiarize yourself with our products, policies, internal tools and software the team uses. You will have established cross functional relationships with new teammates, and set goals and role expectations with your manager.
- 60 days in you should: be learning the ins and outs of the figma files, participating in design critiques, deepening your knowledge of the Phaidra brand, establishing our design library in Adobe CC, and creating templates for company use.
- 90 days in you should: Grow our brand standards and visual language, create collateral for conferences, refine existing marketing materials based on brand updates, and research competitors for deeper insights and growth opportunities.
Reporting to Mandi Fong, Design Lead
Mandi is a foodie who goes about her day with the question of what her next meal will be. Born in South Korea, raised in rural Minnesota, now calling the Bay Area her home, her career has spanned many specialities as she’s wanted to “learn it all”. From marketing, brand, visual, UI, and product design, she now brings it all together with the design mantra of less is more. Today, she is passionate about championing great design and boba.
Who You Are
You’re a self-starter that seeks to work in a flat organization that focuses on simple, clean, and intuitive designs that delight users. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. You’re accountable, curious, and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You like a challenge, aren’t afraid to fail and learn from your missteps and are excited to help build a world-class company from the ground up.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- Partner with design, marketing, and the executive team to integrate brand design into the overall vision of the company and products
- Partner with Marketing to tell the story of Phaidra in simple, delightful ways
- Developing logos, visual identity systems, typography, palette, marketing & social assets
- Think in terms of systems, not just screens
- Participate in team critiques, brainstorms, and external awareness efforts
- You can clearly communicate and present your work to your product team and design peers
- Contribute to and grow Phaidra’s design system
- Confidently prioritize, manage and multitask between different projects and deadlines
- Craft and deliver design mockups and production assets
- 2+ years of professional design experience, including internship experience
- An understanding of user-centric design / best practices
- Strong commitment to rapid iteration. You’re curious and inquisitive with a goal for self-improvement through trial and error.
- A portfolio with examples in branding, presentation support, communication design, promotion, and social assets
- Broad understanding of landing page design
- Experience in editorial design/corporate blogs
- Worked on previous marketing campaigns
- Working in a start-up environment
- Experience working with a global, remote team
- Experience / interest in art directing videos
- Experience in video editing
- Experience working with Design Systems at different scales
- Basic understanding of CSS and HTML
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a fully-remote company – work anywhere, anytime.
- Competitive compensation & early equity.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (offerings based on region). We cover 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- MacBook and home office setup stipend.
Base Salary Range
USA residents: $63,500 – $90,000
This role will also include equity.
This role is open to candidates located outside of the USA. If you are a resident of a country other than the USA and would like the base salary range for your country, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers – like Gitlab – for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. We are deliberate about documenting and living our values – of which accessibility, transparency, and agility are key. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and Video Chat. We meet daily and have dedicated all-hands meetings to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events – and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We will have in-person All-Hands meetings once a year as travel opens back up.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome diversity and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance with completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
19 total views, 1 today