Senior Python Engineer (Backend) – Remote at AssemblyAI (San Francisco, CA) (allows remote)
AssemblyAI (www.assemblyai.com) is the #1 rated API for Speech Recognition. Thousands of developers use our APIs to transcribe millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day – powering innovative products like visual voicemail, meeting summarizers, and closed captioning.
We’re backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, Daniel Gross, and Nat Friedman. We were founded in 2017.
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer with strong software and cloud engineering skills. You’ll help us build highly scalable developer-centric APIs powered by state-of-the-art ML models. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build new API features and endpoints
- Build automated test suites and CI/CD pipelines
- Integrate and deploy state of the art machine learning models into production
- Build new batch and streaming applications
- Refactor applications to eliminate tech debt
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
You’ll love this job if you….
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, even when there is no perfect solution.
- Enjoy being in a fast paced, customer-facing role.
- Thrive in small, cross-functional teams. We like to wear many hats here!
- You’re excited to tackle big technical challenges like fast scaling of ML models and achieving zero-downtime deploys.
- Competitive salary
- Platinum benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully remote
- $1k budget for home office equipment
27 total views, 1 today