Freelance Software Developer at Lowers Risk Group LLC (Purcellville, VA)
This is a Remote positionJOB SUMMARY
To power business growth through technology investments, we hire web application developers with a passion for technology, a desire to learn, and the drive to contribute that make the team better. In this role you will:
• Design, develop, and test new and existing software applications working within a fast-paced and collaborative team environment to power our business growth
• Actively contribute to team discussions on software design, architecture and process improvements
• Experiment with new technologies and tools including but not limited to building AI/ML models
• Participate in group events, hackathons and contests with a team that really enjoys working together and pushing each other to excel.
• Work on systems that handle 3+ million API requests and 600,000 pageviews per week in a 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Minimum: High school diploma
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Design or related field
- Minimum: 3 years software development experience
- Preferred: 5 years software development experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
• Familiar with PHP MVC frameworks such as Slim, Phalcon, or Laravel
• Familiar with frameworks like Java Spring Boot or JHipster.
• Familiar with Vue.js and the Nuxt.js framework.
• Familiar with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Vuetify, or TailwindCSS.
• Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn new systems and programming languages quickly.
• Ability to maintain high quality of work.
• High aptitude for collaboration and teamwork.
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to meet stated customer-initiated deadlines.
• Demonstrate professional office etiquette and appearance.
• Exemplify professionalism in all LRG-related contexts and activities.
• Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Lowers Risk Group provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly regulated environments valuing risk mitigation. Join the software development team of one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.! Celebrating our 7th year on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies. This achievement puts Lowers Risk Group in rarefied company with organizations such as Microsoft, Timberland, Vizio, Intuit, Chobani, Oracle, and Zappos.com.
Salaried position with typical work hours 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM; ability to flex schedule to meet team requirements.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
68 total views, 2 today