1 Sep 2021
Full-Time TaxJar: Product Designer
Headquarters: Remote – US
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 200+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Product Designer who wants to make e-commerce easier for small and medium businesses.
Our team’s focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the tax compliance space. As a Senior Product Designer you will lead the charge to deliver a delightful self-service experience for our customers, and run growth experiments. You’ll focus on driving sign-ups, reducing setup friction, and promoting the discovery of new features that help grow our customer’s business. This work will span core features and iterative improvements, and requires you to take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
- …a clear process and a knack for communicating and working well with others
- …the ability to identify and understand product problems through research
- …experience defining and achieving intended outcomes
- …the ability to distill complex requirements into straightforward experiences
- …a history of creating products with a high level of visual polish
- …experience working with design systems
- …a history of launching new features and improving existing ones
- …the ability to work autonomously
- …the ability to take ownership and responsibility
- …a self-awareness of your strengths and weaknesses
- 4+ years experience as a Product/UX Designer with SaaS products
- A strong portfolio with at least 2 examples showcasing your ability to understand complex problems, and measurably design solutions that solve them
- Ability to rapidly prototype and validate the team’s design efforts
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy
- Experience leading both generative and evaluative UX research sessions.
- Experience designing for complex user flows
- Experience working (or strong desire and ability to work) asynchronously with remote, collaborative teams
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates. Please visitwww.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work.You can learn more about our hiring process here.
49 total views, 1 today