19 Apr 2021
The Remote Company: Content Writer
The Remote Companyis a network of remote-first tech companies united by common values and approaches to doing business. You will work on several products including MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck and Ycode.
We’re looking for a Content Writer with 3-5 years of experience who is comfortable writing long-form articles and guides, while also having a proven track record with effective website copywriting. The topics will focus on email marketing, web design, no-code tools and web app development.
Content marketing is the biggest part of The Remote Company’s marketing approach, which includes knowledge bases, blog articles, videos, guides, webinars, websites, videos, online courses, and whatever new types of content our audiences use to grow their business.
Why The Remote Company?
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for The Remote Company? Here are 6 reasons!
You won’t be bored
You’ll be working on a few different products, each with a unique audience and selling proposition. We value creativity and are open to trying new content ideas.
You will be challenged with interesting tasks
As a writer, you’ll expand your skill set by writing for all types of content including articles, long-form guides, social media, video and conversion copy opportunities like advertising, websites and landing pages.
You can take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
You’ll have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
You can pick where to work, every day
At The Remote Company, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose the environment that makes you most productive.
You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We’re continuously growing and our oldest company, MailerLite, has been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
As a content writer, it’s your job to help our customers excel and grow their businesses through content. You will research and propose new topic ideas and work with the SEO team to optimize content for organic growth.
- Exhibit excellent writing and editing skills. Native English speakers only. Grammar nerds, please apply!
- Must have website copywriting experience such as product feature pages and landing pages
- Experience following SEO briefs while writing in-depth content that is clear and enjoyable to read
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Track record of producing content that increases engagement and drives leads
- Great communication skills
- Able to work independently, handle several projects at once and meet deadlines
- Remote work experience using tools like Slack, Notion and Google Docs
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones and countries
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- We accept applications until the 1st of May
What we offer
- Competitive salary: $45,000-$60,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. We gather twice a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Four weeks of vacation. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- MacBook and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here
Don’t send us a CV. We like to do things differently. Instead, here is how we would like you to apply:
Get a MailerLite account
MailerLite is part of the ecosystem of The Remote Company. You can sign up for free here. Read here how to create an account.
Create a newsletter about YOU
In your Mailerlite account, go to “Campaigns” and create a newsletter that answers the questions below.
Send your newsletter application
Send your newsletter or the preview URL to email@example.com.
You’ll find this URL in the editor under “Preview and test” and then “Preview mode.”
Things we like to see in your newsletter:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter, or any other relevant online pages that show your work
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, and projects you worked on
- An article you wrote in 2019, 2020, and 2021 (three in total)
- Must include examples of website copywriting for products or services
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Expected salary
We wish you all the best of luck!
32 total views, 1 today