16 Feb 2022
Internship Catch Co: Event Planning Intern
Position Overview: Catch Co. is looking for an Event Planning Intern to assist in the end-to-end execution of an exciting and diverse range of in-person events and activations. Our business continues to evolve and engaging with consumers and partners (like retailers) in the real-world is a critical next step in bringing our unique brands to life. Events will include everything from the Bassmobile mobile tour to industry trade shows and customer meetups.
Details of Internship:
- Paid internship opportunity
- April-July with a possibility to extend
- 15+ hours/week
- Applicants can be located anywhere in the US, but must be willing to travel occasionally for events (travel, meals, and lodging expenses are covered)
- Applicants must be available to travel to and work at an in-person event July 17-23
What you will do:
- Assist in the proactive planning, communication, and organization of a wide variety of events, potentially including the Bassmobile mobile tour (ongoing), ICAST (July 19-22), and the Bassmaster Classic (March 4-6).
- Research and strategize Bassmobile events including sourcing 5 tour stop ideas per week and initial outreach to confirm feasibility.
- Coordinate and confirm lodging options for the Bassmobile amBASSadors within one week of a new event being confirmed.
- Travel, as required, to support successful event execution.
- Sitting on the marketing team, you will have frequent interaction with the Event Manager and Bassmobile amBASSadors.
What qualifications you need:
- Pursuing a degree in marketing or a related field
- Ability to lift and carry 25lbs
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally for events
What will make you successful:
- Excellent Communication
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Creativity & Innovation
- Initiative & Proactivity
We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume review
- Phone interview
- Take home exercise
- Interview with Hiring Manager and team members via Google Meet
- Background check
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue humanity from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance – we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
44 total views, 1 today