11 Aug 2021
Catch Co: International Logistics Coordinator
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Catch Co is looking for an experienced and effective International Logistics Coordinator to build and maintain strong logistics capabilities both internationally and domestically. This role will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of existing partnerships with logistics service providers, as well as identifying opportunities to improve our logistics networks. Specifically, this person will work directly with international freight forwarders and domestic providers to enhance capabilities and streamline shipments. They will also work with internal teams to define best practices for warehouse transfers, retail order fulfillment, and general logistics coordination. Overall goal of this position is to ensure that Catch Co products are tracked and delivered in the best possible time and cost.
What you will do:
- Manage, maintain, and improve international logistics procedures.
- Ensure there are appropriate service providers across all international lanes from Catch Co manufacturers to the US, especially on shipments originating from China/Japan/Taiwan/Korea.
- Assist with domestic logistics and provide insight on ways to improve current processes.
- Develop appropriate KPIs and a Logistics Scorecard for tracking logistics providers performance across on-time delivery, cost, communication, etc.
- Utilize KPIs to deliver improvement including driving down costs, improving speed/accuracy, and holding providers accountable for poor performance.
- Identify and qualify new providers.
- Run annual RFPs to ensure Catch Co is receiving the best pricing possible.
- Maintain reports and schedules for incoming inventory and communicate them cross functionally across the company.
- Ensure delivery timelines are kept on track for all incoming inventory. Communicate cross functionally when issues arise and find ways to mitigate risk for late deliveries.
- Identify, dispute and resolve issues related to damaged or lost cargo.
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field preferred, ideally operations-focused (e.g., business, supply chain, engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience in international and/or domestic logistics services.
- Strong analytical capabilities and excel skills.
What will make you successful:
- You take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- You plan, organize and schedule in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- You demonstrate high attention to detail and do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- You have excellent communication skills: you speak and write clearly and articulately.
- You have strong decision making and judgement skills.
- You are able to determine what is high-priority based on timeliness, impact, and importance. You’re able to create structure and manage your own calendar independently.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two yearly week-long company retreats
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance – We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/catch-co-international-logistics-coordinator
33 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply