2 Feb 2022
Temporary Edge by Ascential: Product Designer
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team in the US as part of our Product Development function.
We seek a talented Product Designer with strong visual and data design skills to create intuitive, engaging designs for our data analytics product.
Edge applications are used by marketing professionals and analysts working for the world’s largest consumer goods manufacturers. You will research and design compelling flows, layouts and visualizations for these users, presenting rich data in a way that reveals key insights.
Playing a key role in product development, from research through delivery, you will work closely with product managers and engineers to validate and iterate your mockups, tease out complex behaviors, solve usability issues, and deliver polished designs.
Reporting to the Head of UX, you will be required to take analytical yet creative approaches to design challenges, and will be a passionate advocate for the user. Strong communication and collaboration skills are vital in this role, along with a healthy obsession with product quality.
- Partner with product managers and other colleagues to uncover, validate and deeply understand customer requirements, and Edge’s broader business goals
- Work closely with the Head of UX to maintain, update and promote the wider Edge design principles, style guides and design pattern libraries
- Align with stakeholders throughout the process, presenting goals and concepts and incorporating their feedback
- Create wireframes, low and high fidelity mockups, flows, prototypes and other interaction design artefacts, with clear specifications and annotations
- Produce and share visual designs, including data visualizations
- Anticipate how real data will impact designs, and prototype for real data scenarios and edge cases
- Participate in agile/scrum teams, providing timely designs or updates as required
- Review engineers’ design implementations in a timely manner and respond helpfully to any queries or clarifications from the team
- Conduct research such as usability testing, customer interviews, analytics reviews, etc.
- Seek out design criticism, and iterate based on feedback
- Continually learn, research and ideate, and contribute to the longer-term product vision
- 2-3 years SAAS product design experience. You must include a link to your portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
- Experience designing with real data and good understanding of data design principles
- Experience in conducting user research to drive measurable improvements
- Strong team and collaboration skills, developed in a software development environment
- Proven ability to advocate for your designs and gain consensus of team while incorporating feedback and addressing concerns
- Proficient in modern design / prototyping tools (especially Figma)
- Experience in creating UI style guides and design specifications
- Experience working with contemporary team tools such as Jira, Confluence, Miro, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and modern web application development
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
20 total views, 1 today