8 Jun 2021
Elastic: UX Research Team Lead
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
UX at Elastic is seeking a UX Research Lead to develop our research team, its philosophies and techniques. We will rely on you to listen to the human beings who use Elastic to enrich their organizations, and help us better understand how to keep building what inspires them. If you are after an opportunity to grow as a leader, embrace modern SaaS dynamics, and contribute to the understanding, development and measurement of leading search, security, and observability solutions, then we would love to speak with you.
What you will do:
- Assemble and manage a talented, multi-cultural team of UX researchers.
- Develop and grow modern UX research philosophies and practices across Elastic and measure their success.
- Work with a diverse blend of teams and leads to deeply connect with our community, understand and then amplify their needs to our development teams.
What you bring along:
- Deep experience (8+ yrs) within UX research. You have a creative and well established history in applied ux research.
- Clear comfort with UX team leadership. You know how to scale research and are comfortable hiring, managing and team building.
- History with a large scale, valuable SaaS platform. You have the skills to direct time-proven, data-rich research practices into the elegant, sophisticated and deeply powerful Elastic interfaces of tomorrow.
- Comfort with group speaking. You enjoy interfacing with passionate personalities, such as those of our key partners, community members, and internal teams.
- Comfort with the written word. You will scale yourself by writing to an engaged global audience.
- Time in a technical role: UX design, software development, data engineering or similar. You will be very close to sophisticated data and telemetry pipelines.
- Experience with data visualization and measurement platforms such as Kibana, displaying and interpreting large datasets and distilling key insights for simple understanding. You’ll have lots of data, and need to show it off.
- Familiarity with remote work and asynchronous team communication practices.
- Demonstrable participation in open source projects or communities.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/elastic-ux-research-team-lead
10 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply