31 Jan 2022
Full-Time Karat Financial: Senior Product Designer
Headquarters: Los Angeles
We’re building a bank for creators.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who loves solving problems, obsesses over customers, and is comfortable shifting between refining existing products and creating entirely new ones.
This is a key role on a small-but-growing team and ideal for someone self-driven looking to make an impact in the creator economy.
Some of the things you’ll do here:
- You’ll build new products—conceptualizing, designing, and brainstorming—solving problems that span multiple domains. Creating a decoupled debit card from scratch, analytics tools to help influencers understand their finances, or savings accounts with features designed to empower time-starved creators.
- You’ll refine current products—thinking through how to design the best corporate card for creators. For example, improving our current card onboarding flow, creating a best-in-class rewards program, and productizing our community offerings.
- You’ll develop our internal tooling—helping ensure our team has the tools we need to properly support and underwrite the creators we work with.
- You’ll help drive company and product strategy as we change how creators & influencers do business.
To succeed here, you’ll need:
- Experience. You can demonstrate work that includes research, discovery, prototyping, and delivery of elegant, smart solutions.
- Product thinking: You understand strategy and care about what and why as equally as how.
- Customer-focus: You like talking with customers and know how and when to use their feedback in the design process.
- Craft: You’re skilled with typography, information design, and micro-interactions.
- Collaboration: You know how to inspire, play, and negotiate with PMs, engineers, and execs.
- Focus: We’re a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down.
- Curiosity. You’re knowledgeable about or have previously worked in fintech or with influencers.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don’t be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible and remote work culture.
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators.
We’re a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/karat-senior-product-designer
63 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply