2 Nov 2021
Part-Time Participatory Culture Foundation: Customer Success and Inbound Sales Specialist
Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF) is seeking a Customer Success and Inbound Sales Specialist for Amara, a multi-award winning web platform for subtitling and translating videos. Our ideal candidate is a positive, creative, data-driven storyteller with a desire to contribute to a global mission with their personal flair.
PCF is a nonprofit working to build a more open, collaborative, and inclusive world. As our revenue-driven flagship initiative, Amara, enables tens of millions of viewers to fully engage with videos that would otherwise be inaccessible. Amara is used by organizations like Khan Academy, California Academy of Sciences, and New York Times to quickly and easily create subtitles for their videos.
The person in this role will effectively communicate Amara’s solutions to prospective B2B and B2C clients and help them choose the best one for their needs, always providing excellent customer service. We are looking for someone with the ability to learn all the ways in which Amara’s technology can help with accessibility and localization, with a passion for helping clients succeed.
This position is part-time, contract-to-hire, up to 20 hours per week. This position is fully remote.
- Work closely with their team on building pipeline, outreach, and lead generation campaigns
- Field inbound sales inquiries via email and video calls
- Understand prospective client needs and match them with our solutions
- Follow up with inbound sales leads, answering questions and developing a positive, professional relationship
- Demo platform solutions to prospective clients
- Work with current clients to resolve issues
- Update clients on new releases and features
- Collaborate with the Documentation team to create collateral
- Cultivate user-feedback for better-informed development of our B2C and B2B offerings.
- Regularly follow up with key clients to ensure their goals are met, nurturing for upsell as they grow in size and scope.
- Create documentation to support sales activities such as quotes, proposals and contracts.
- Track client needs and learn from their use cases to inform product development
- At least 2 years of experience in a sales or customer success role, ideally at a software company.
- Ability to understand client needs and apply creative solutions.
- Ability to react and adapt to new information.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with prospects and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels at managing, collaborating, and communicating with a remote team (Slack, Google Drive, email, etc).
Nice to Have
- Dedication to client success and a desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience setting priorities and objectives that align with the bigger business objectives.
- Confidence in one’s own abilities and a desire to continually improve and grow skillset; enthusiasm in the face of challenges and ability to find the silver lining.
While internet video has exploded, language is still a significant barrier to education, economic opportunity, political participation, and other areas of cultural life. Amara connects millions of people to help break down these barriers and allows hundreds of organizations to make their content more accessible through innovative technology.
Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a nonprofit 501c3. We are driven by our mission to help build a more collaborative, inclusive world – whether by making more content accessible or helping people engage with one another across languages and cultures. We believe a participatory and inclusive world leads to a more understanding and caring society.
PCF develops technology and offers services that ensure everyone has access to all that the internet has to offer. From the abundance of free education available, to gaining insights about the many different cultures around the globe, information is critical to building a more equitable and peaceful society.
How We Collaborate
Amara and PCF are based out of Massachusetts, but the team is global and works virtually. You’ll be collaborating with a talented and passionate team striving to make a positive social impact. The team uses chat and video apps (Slack, Google Meets, etc) as well as email for internal communication.
We are an inclusive workplace, where all team members have a voice. We encourage participation and engagement. Our diversity in backgrounds and life experiences makes us unique and helps us innovate. On our team you’ll find incredibly talented professionals who are also musicians, avid dessert connoisseurs, beer brewers, master chess players, gardeners, and many other stripes!
Our Commitment to Diversity
The work of the Participatory Culture Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, and persons with disabilities.
In order to apply, please fill out this application. You will be asked to include the following with your application:
- Resumé or CV
- Cover Letter
Please keep in mind that as a small organization, we take great care in our search for new team members. While we aim to get in contact with all applicants in a timely fashion, your patience is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing your application!
36 total views, 1 today