Full-Time Prospect: Customer Support Representative
Headquarters: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Prospect is a lead generation app that helps you find contact data right inside your browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 13 people — you will be #14 🙂
We are self-funded and profitable (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
We have balanced working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off. We don’t have any “managers” and we rarely do any internal meetings.
We believe that customer support is not just a chore but is rather an opportunity to make someone’s day. We strive to go above and beyond when it comes to support.
You are calm and collected. You enjoy helping and talking to people. You realize that customers may ask you about the same issues repeatedly. You know that things can go really wrong sometimes and are able to deal with “fires” without losing your cool.
You’re self-managed and very well organized. You know that you will be joining an early-stage startup and that will require wearing multiple hats while not losing track of the bigger picture.
HOW WE CURRENTLY DO SUPPORT
Our first line of support is our support email address. All support emails come into Help Scout into a shared queue. We also provide in-app live chat that customers can use to get support.
For more passive support, we actively maintain a knowledge base. Customers can access the knowledge base to see answers to common questions.
Every now and then we jump on a Zoom screen share or call a customer to further diagnose problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be helping us full-time with customer support. This includes doing things such as:
- Prioritizing tickets and answering them as soon as possible
- Hopping on screen share calls to diagnose problems and educating users
- Working directly with Engineering to beta test new versions before launch
- Analyze daily metrics and proactively reach out to customers regarding issues
- Continuously improving Customer Support processes
Since you will be the face of our company to customers, you will also:
- Update knowledge base and make training videos
- Let the rest of the team know about any customers’ suggestions or feedback
- Regularly update internal company wikis
We’re pretty relaxed when it comes to working hours. However, we’ve noticed that most customers contact us between 10am-6pm EST (UTC-5).
- 1-2+ years of Customer Support experience
- Technical chops (nothing advanced but you should be able to pick up technical troubleshooting concepts quickly)
- Past remote work experience
- Worked at a startup or a SaaS company before
- Experience with Salesforce
- Familiarity and prior experience with Chrome Extensions
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 Canadian dollars per year
- Freedom to try new things (help people the way you want)
- No disruptions (we have almost no meetings)
MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL GET
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Work remotely full-time (even after COVID)
- Be part of a small team doing big things in an independent work environment
- $1,500 annual continued learning budget (for books, courses, and self-improvement)
- $1,000+ annual travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Benefits (health, dental, etc) through our company HSA (for people living in Canada)
41 total views, 1 today