28 Apr 2021
Remote: Engineering Manager
Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works).
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and you can read more about us in our public handbook. More specifically, the team you’ll be joining: 33 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We’re organised into product teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
How we work
We love Working Async and this means you get to do your own schedule. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
More information about this role in Remote’s engineering career path on our public Handbook here
Must have (professional experience):
- Previously managed more than 2 teams at the same time
- Having been an engineering manager for at least 2 years
- Previous experience as engineering team leader
- Manage multiple engineering teams within a well defined scope of our product
- Contribute to push forward the path to equality of opportunities, diversity and inclusivity to everyone in the world
- Implement and uphold development principles and best practices
- Communicate proactively and extensively about team progress
- Prioritise and optimise current processes
- Continuously work with other areas of the business and identify improvement points
- Understand and communicate team capacity and hiring requirements
- Work with the people that report to you on their career path and set up everyone for success
- Spend 75% of time managing teams and projects and 25% on technical tasks (MR, technical improvements, etc.)
- Remote work culture
- You and your family come first! Unlimited paid time off.
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
- Good salary and company options
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with your future manager (CTO)
- (async) Take home assignment
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- Interview with CEO
- (async) Offer
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/remote-engineering-manager
23 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply