Full-Time Research Analyst
Nansen is a blockchain analytics platform that enriches on-chain data with millions of wallets labels. Crypto investors use Nansen to discover opportunities, perform due diligence and defend their portfolios with our real-time dashboards and alerts.
About the role
As a Research Analyst at Nansen, you will be a crucial part of a growing team serving the smartest traders, investors, and project teams in the crypto space. You will help to produce institutional-quality research reports, provide data analysis and data visualization using Nansenâs proprietary data and dashboard constructor; working towards attaining the deepest industry knowledge on the many different chains and sub-sectors in crypto to add value to our products and clients.
You will play a key role in building our industry knowledge of projects and protocols on the blockchain. Your work will directly drive us towards achieving our mission of surfacing the signal in blockchain data.
Nansen is a truly global, remote first business that empowers world class talent located anywhere in the world, as our work is 100% online. For this position we have decided to focus our search on the EMEA / APAC regions.
The position is full-time.
What will you be doing?
- Research blockchain protocols and understand blockchain projects to tease out market insights for our products and clients
- Produce institutional-quality research, in the form of reports and memos on opportunities in the crypto space
- Work with SQL and BigQuery to analyze large amounts of data and create custom queries depending on the needs and inputs from project teams and customers
- Create new dashboards to visualize complex smart contract interactions and communicate findings for end users
- Testing proof of concepts for new dashboards based on input from project teams and customers
- Perform QA on datasets and dashboards to test and validate results
- Assist in marketing and cross-collaboration efforts internally and externally
- Foster and maintain a conducive and collaborative environment for our community, including providing support to Alpha clients
- Continuously learn and research about the crypto space, including DeFi and NFTs
Are you the right person for this role?
The ideal candidate for us has:
- Drive: We want people who are passionate about the crypto-asset industry, and are eager to up-skill and hone their knowledge in the crypto space
- Expertise: Basic-to-Intermediate knowledge of DeFi is a prerequisite; an ability to quickly comprehend, evaluate, and critique new ideas is a huge plus
- Analytical: Strong analytical, organizational, and writing skills; comfortable working with SQL; good at problem-solving and asking questions; QA skills to test and validate results
- Experience with the following: BigQuery, SQL
- Independent: Direct experience working in a remote-first environment; and able to work independently whilst collaborating closely with a fast-growing team
- Self-motivated: Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership, empathy, and determination to get things done
- Resilience: Humble to new ideas, and eager to learn amidst adversity and challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the skills to take a (rough) idea and make it reality
- An eye for detail, but is pragmatic and able to get things done fast
- Great written communication skills in English
- Bonus: Experience with data visualizations / charting libraries; Experience from the cryptocurrency industry; Familiarity with React; QA skills to test and validate results; Basic knowledge of Python problem-solving
- Bonus: Proficiency in other major languages (e.g. Chinese or Spanish)
23 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply