Freelance Solution Architect at Esri (Redlands, CA)
We are actively recruiting for this position.
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve, Esri is supporting our users and the community at large with software, services, and materials that are helping people understand, manage, and communicate the impact of the outbreak. Visit our COVID-19 Maps, Resources, and Insights page to see some of the things we are doing.
In this position, you will work closely with clients to implement proven IT/GIS strategies for their platform architectures, help evangelize the utilization of GIS based on mission results and business value, and support the development of a multi-year strategic vision for critical clients.
ArcGIS provides contextual tools for mapping and spatial reasoning so users can explore data and share location-based insights. ArcGIS creates deeper understanding, allowing users to quickly see where things are happening and how information is connected. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS enterprise mapping and analytics platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Advance how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with our customers’ vision and translate system requirements into software architecture and design specifications
- Leverage experience in the implementation of Enterprise Information System (EIS) frameworks and platform architectures from requirements including IT and GIS strategies, cloud patterns, security, scalability, and licensing
- Work closely and actively with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS enterprise platform
- Develop organizational level multi-year IT/GIS strategies to assist with technology change and budgetary planning
- 5+ years of experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability
- Experience with Oracle; Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL; and/or other RDBMS and Windows, Linux, and/or other server environments
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented architectures and cloud hybrid configurations
- Professional excellence in technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, and deployment
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas–both verbally and in written form–whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- Certification for AWS Certified Solution Architect or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent
- Esri Enterprise System Design Certification
- Knowledge of integration of other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, EAM, CRM, SCM)
84 total views, 1 today