24 Jan 2022
Full-Time Waldo Photos: Frontend Engineer (React, Node, GraphQL)
Headquarters: Austin, TX
Waldo Photos is a photo-sharing app built for you, by people like you. For consumers, we’ve built a photo-sharing app to serve the needs of our families and friends, remove all the headaches of sharing, and protect their privacy. Waldo provides 100% Ad-free, non-toxic photo sharing and no selling of our user’s data. Just meaningful memories, genuinely and authentically shared in a safer and healthier way. Plus automated, AI-powered face finding that delivers every photo you’re in. Our apps also serve communities like camps, schools, sports leagues, churches and others who want to get more value from their photos while retaining a focus on privacy. For pro photographers, we’ve built the industry’s most advanced, mobile-first, AI-powered photo sales platform.
Why Work for Waldo?
Waldo is in rapid growth mode–adding users, increasing revenue, expanding within existing markets, and entering new ones! To meet that growth we are growing our development team and looking for new teammates who want to be empowered to take ownership of the technology and features that drive Waldo and see the impact of their work.
We’re looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
• will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
• will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
• will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
• will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
• will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
• will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
• will take pride in their work
• will want to work with others who do the same
We are based in the US but we are a fully remote team that spans the globe. This is a full-time contract role.
- At least 3 years of experience deploying high-quality, modern web applications.
- At least 1 application in production with the ability to talk in-depth about your contributions. Actually shipped a Universal JS application.
- Proficiency with node.js as a backend. Major plus for GraphQL integrations (any library or framework).
- Experience using React (built and shipped) and in-depth understanding of React’s paradigms and ecosystem.
- Strong familiarity with relational databases (we’re using PostgreSQL).
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Active Github profile with code samples of React / GraphQL projects and/or contributions to relevant projects.
- Experience designing, building, and reading GraphQL APIs (we’re using GraphQL extensively).
- Experience with GraphQL and related libraries like Relay and Apollo.
- Contributor (pull requests) to libraries in the React ecosystem (React.js, react-router, redux), or other major JS libraries.
- Active blog or personal website with writings or projects demonstrating continued learning, curiosity, and interest in the latest and greatest front-end techniques and tools.
- Remote / Work from home
- Flexible vacation
- Unlimited high fives
- Early-stage start-up equity grant
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/waldo-photos-frontend-engineer-react-node-graphql
32 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply