2 Mar 2022
We Make Websites: Senior Scrum Master / Team Manager
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to oversee our Scrum team and also act as a Senior Scrum Master.
We Make Websites are a Shopify Plus agency with a team spread across London, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Miami, and Los Angles. Our team of 90+ design, develop, and elevate e-commerce websites for some of the world’s largest companies. Brands we work with include Hasbro, Good American, A.P.C, Alessi, Pangaia, and Levi’s.
About the role
As a Scrum Master Team Manager you will be part of the We Make Websites management team with direct line management responsibilities for our other Scrum Masters.
You’ll sit at the heart of our delivery teams. Ensuring we are efficiently delivering best-in-class e-commerce products to our clients.
- Direct line management for members of the scrum team
- Direct manager for all SM’s
- Responsible for weekly 1-2-1’s
- Shares responsibility and workload here with Head Of Product
- Drive the business forward working with the wider Leadership on new invitations and opportunities.
- Help with defining departmental strategy and growth
- Help with documenting correct process (either directly, or working with wider team)
- You will be expected to lead several Agile teams in the delivery of bespoke development projects.
- Inspire, coach and lead teams with varying levels of Agile experience.
- Facilitate all team meetings and ceremonies, including planning sessions, showcases, team retrospectives and daily stand-ups.
- Support the efficient flow of work through Agile teams by helping the teams remove obstacles and make improvements to both team and company processes.
- Champion Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Cultivate trust through personal and team relationships with a range of product owners, developers and designers.
- Enable teams to monitor progress within and across sprints using effective metrics.
- Planning, forecasting and reporting of team velocity and throughput.
- Participating in the scheduling of deliverables to meet the needs of wider programme dependencies.
- Team budget and resource management.
- Teach and coach Agile practices and values within the Development Teams and organisation in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
- Identification and reporting of risks, issues and dependencies.
- Hiring new staff members
- Qualification process
- Interview process
What we’re looking for
- You will have excellent knowledge & experience of Agile teachings, approaches, behaviours, in particular, Scrum and Kanban.
- You’ll also love getting into the details to ensure our teams are working in the most efficient way.
- You’ll have a knack for spotting problems or potential pitfalls in a project, flagging them early in the process.
- You’ll thrive on solving problems and have a need for knowledge — no matter what the problem, you will find the solution.
- You’ll have experience of working with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- You will have exceptional time management & organisational skills.
- You will be passionate about all things tech, digital, design and e-commerce.
- You will be comfortable with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and have experience of working in organisations which are undergoing agile transformation
- You will be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
Bonus points if you have…
- Previous line management experience
- Experience working with the Shopify platform or other e-commerce platforms, such as Magento, Hybris, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Understanding of development processes and languages
Perform at your best
- Home office budget
- Unlimited training budget
- New MacBook Pro
- Access to a local office or co-working space
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid
- Regular socials: to keep our teams connected, to celebrate our wins, and sometimes… well, just because!
- Clear promotion paths for those who excel, including managerial and individual contributor routes
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews
- Monthly elected MVP + prizes
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 6 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [US employees]
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 10 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [Canadian employees]
- Generous private dental and healthcare plans with 100% cover [US employees]
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
35 total views, 1 today